the*strange

Stop.Re-wind.Play!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Been wanting to watch "Samara" d japan-turn-english horror flick on d big screen but kept holding back due to d constant bad reviews by reliable sources.. hmm..
haiyah.. should jus go & watch it myself den I'll know mah. Probby I will.

Niway d last movie I watch some two weeks ago was "Spanglish".. I rated d show 3 over 10. Which is slightly overated.. It's so bloody dry!!
Im lost in translation watching dat damn show. Lucky for me it was a $6.50/- nite.

The idea is not spanking new.. you've seen it on t.v sitcoms with the hispanic housekeeper grappling with her Ingleesh..
What would be more riveting, surely, a rich-white dysfunctional family all tearing about for their identity. It certainly does not help that help is young & pretty.. so you can pretty much guess d rest. It starts out clearly for the first 15mins and then cacu-kerachas in all directions in Spanish (unsubstitled) and English, Unsure about where it wants to lead and what it wants so much to say (in both language).

Worst part of all, d girl who played d darling daughter of the so called hispanic housekeeper who is supposed to be Spanish look more like pakistani..

For those planning to watch it.. DON'T!! dun waste your ka-ching lah.. go buy vcd suah!.. hehe..

Scribbled by Lyzzie @3:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home